My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Time Flies

Wow...
Life has been rather hectic.

We've sent the girls back to school with all the mountain of paperwork that entails.

The hospital has been swarming with surveyors. Actually, it's been that way since last fall. It's beginning to feel like a normal part of life to be under the microscope, and it is incredibly stressful for our staff.

We have graduated one CPE student and are prepared to receive another this week. Six months at a time, a student works in the pastoral care department of my hospital for the clinical portion of their internship year. We also have an extended student who will be with us one day a week. Orienting new students is very time consuming, but also exciting.

We have moved in new office furniture and since I am not the most organized of folks, I know that it will be a while until I find all my stuff.

I've been buying beads online. I've convinced myself that I can make something beautful out of these beads, since they themselves are so beautiful already. G and I leave for a trip this week, so I plan to use my time to learn and experiment while we relax and enjoy some time together.

Went to MD Anderson this week with my parents for my mother's check up. Thank God, it went well. Still no need for treatment.

G and I have done some work on my website and looking into getting away from paypal as a means of payment on my business page.

So, if you've wondered...that's pretty much why I have not posted in a while.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear from you whenever you do show up. Welcome back.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Jeanene Atkinson said...

thanks-

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanene, I have enjoyed reading your posts; especially about "speaking the truth". I'm a part-time chaplain in a retirement community, seminary grad but not ordained. I didn't and don't feel called to pastor a church and the Methodists aren't too flexible about what ministies are acceptable for ordination. I kind of feel like I'm neither fish nor fowl sometimes. I love to play with beads too; it can be very meditative, devising a pattern for a piece or not. I hope your time away is refreshing.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home